- North American Regional Conference opening address by BPW International President
- BPW International President to speak at the Jeju Forum
- Apply NOW for the WVEF
- Adeyoyin Adedoyin Erinle: Woman of the Week (107)
- BPW International intervenes at ITC meeting
- Photogalleries AsiaPacific & NorthAmerica Caribbean Congress
- BPW International President attends UN meeting
- Post 2015 - what can you do?
- Congress Ambassadors announced
- Save the Date for the Women Vendors and Exhibition Forum
- Getting Ready for Jeju!
- BPW Japan Selected More Projects for the "Job Generating Grant by Women, for Women"
BPW Switzerland: Equality pays off ! – Equality means business !
Movie session, BPW St. Gallen, Switzerland
This year the Business and Professional Women (BPW) Switzerland proclaimed national Equal Pay Day for the fourth time in Switzerland. With a pay gap between men and women of 18,4 % Equal Pay Day 2012 took place on march 7th on the subject « Equality pays off ! »
In view of the occasion BPW Switzerland sent a questionnaire to the 3000 biggest companies in Switzerland and collected positive experiences, implementations and Best Practice examples on this subject. Model companies had been presented on the internet site www.equalpayday.ch in a positive and attractive manner.
For the first time an alliance of women active in politics, economy and unions has thrown one's weight behind the Equal Pay Day. Together with BPW Switzerland they request the companies to act, to check the equality of wages between men and woman and to pay equal.
How much is a woman worth ? - Point the way for Equal Pay !
Also in this year, a lot of BPW Clubs in Switzerland had contributed greatly to the Equal Pay Day 2012. A lot of projects, activities, demonstrations, debates and other creative events from flashmob to unhappy hours in cafes bars had taken place all over Switzerland on march 7th. All events were well received and had an excellence report in press and media.
For more information please visit www.equalpayday.ch
Annette Nimzik, Equal Pay Day National Coordinator