Premio delle Donne and Candle Ligthing Ceremony of FIDAPA Milano, 25 February 2022
Due to the COVID situation, BPW Milano could only now give the award for outstanding work 2020/2021. Five women and two men received the award:
- Senator Maria Cristina Cantu’ received it for her administrative and political work on behalf of vulnerable people and people in need.
- The journalist Manuela Donghi received it for her comprehensive and articulate articles on economy and her engagement for women and people in need.
- The medical director of the Hospital Macedonio Melloni, Marisa Errico, was awarded it for dedicating an entire hospital to all different aspects of women’s health.
- Viviana Varese, a Chef with several stars, was awarded it for her career in a mostly masculine sphere.
- Romina Vuono has made an outstanding scientific career and achieved excellent results in the study of neurodegenerative illnesses.
- The journalist and writer Aldo Cazzullo gave evidence to women who supported the growth of Italy and highlighted the importance of female associations.
- Diego Dalla Palma dedicated his life to supporting women in finding their potential in creativity.
The ceremony was concluded by a report of the Past President on the importance of collaboration between men and women.
Dr. Catherine Bossahrt, BPW International President 2021-2024